AI-enabled supply chain analytics isn’t a new concept – in fact the manufacturing sector has long been an enthusiastic adopter of data-driven techniques.
So apart from a fancy new name, what’s really new?
According to The Manufacturer magazine, it’s a combination of 3 emerging developments:
- Computational power, enabling us to do difficult calculations in real time
- Powerful new algorithms can automate analysis and decision-making
- And, crucially, new and previously untapped sources of data are emerging
The article says there are 4 common questions that organizations should address in order to understand how supply chain analytics and AI can best be deployed in their own context:
- How much data and from what source?
- How will the data provide valuable information?
- How does the data improve decision-making?
- How does this support automation or semi-automation of tasks?
The article also reveals 5 key lessons for using supply chain analytics.
Read the full article here.